Lucky timing in March put us on the Arizona Trail north of the Tucson Wash when the Goldfields and Poppies were creating blankets of yellow.
A few very rough notes on reaching the Arizona Trail Tucson Wash Crossing:
- From 77 East of Oracle turn left/north onto Tiger Mine Road
- Drive past the AZT Tiger Mine Trailhead and watch the map for a left hand branch onto Tucson Wash Road
- At the gates near the wash and a residence take the gate to the right out into the wash
- Turn left and follow the 'road' (bottom of the wash) west looking for the Arizona Trail Markers
- On the day we drove in any SUV could reach this spot, but it seems like the conditions, especially in the wash, could change for the worse very quickly/easily
This is part of Passage 14 - Black Hills - on the Arizona Trail.